Stacey Stofferahn – Mother Noah
Stacey Stofferahn, Soprano, has made an impact as a leading artist in opera, oratorio and in concert. Her portrayal as Senta in Der fliegende Holländer with Opera Siam in Thailand led to an additional appearance in the same role with South Dakota Symphony Orchestra, but nothing can top the honor of portraying the title role in the world premiere of Mother Noah! Some of Stacey’s past engagements include:
- Title role in Tosca and Countess in Le nozze di Figaro with West Bay Opera
- Erste Dame in Die Zauberflöte with Lyric Opera of Kansas City
- Minnie in La fanciulla del West with Apotheosis Opera in New York
- Soloist in Brahms’ Requiem with Joplin Symphony
- Musetta in La bohème with Wichita Grand Opera
- Soloist in Mahler’s Symphony No. 2 with Bozeman Symphony
- Title role in Viktoria und Ihr Hussar with Vlaamse Opera in Belgium
- Micäela in Carmen with Lawrence Opera Theatre
- Donna Anna in Don Giovanni with South Dakota Symphony
- Soloist in Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 with Quad City Symphony and Haydn’s Lord Nelson Mass with Missouri Southern Symphony
- Mimì in La bohème with Heartland Opera Theater
- Two appearances with Varna International: Soloist in Beethoven’s Mass in C and Magda in La rondine
- A Holiday Pops concert with Jackson Symphony (TN)
- Mahler’s Symphony No. 8 with South Dakota Symphony
In June 2022, Stacey appeared as Woman 2 with the Heartland Men’s Chorus in Andrew Lippa’s masterwork, UNBREAKABLE.
Stacey received the Doctor of Musical Arts degree In Vocal Performance, as well as the Master of Music degree in Vocal Performance and Choral Conducting from University of Missouri, Kansas City, in addition to the Bachelor of Arts degree in Music Education from Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD. She lives happily in Kansas City with her hubby and two cuddly cats, teaches at MWSU IN St. Joseph, and manages a thriving private voice studio.
January 20 & 21, 7:30 p.m.
MTH Theater, Crown Center